Note: This Xbee shield should be used with other wireless modules to realize wireless functions like WiFi, Bluetooth, etc., and it doesn’t have wireless capability itself.
This low-power Xbee shield for Arduino allows you to add wireless capability to your Arduino projects using Xbee(not included) more easily and cost-effectively! The shield is easy to use and offers reliable transmission of critical data between devices.
As the innovative design, XBee-PRO can be in the range 2-3 times beyond the standard ZigBee modules. XBee-PRO modules work in the ISM 2.4 GHz frequency band. The MaxStream's XBee (1 mW) Zigbee module is pin-compatible.
The Xbee module is widely used in the United States, Canada, Australia, Israel and Europe. The establishment of RF communication does not require any configuration and the module's default configuration supports a wide range of data system applications. You can also use a simple AT command to advanced configuration. An OEM developer is now XBee code development package. It is self-developed in collaboration with the MaxStream ZigBee/802.15.4 RF module code.
- Direct support Arduino UNO, Arduino Duelimanove, DFRduino UNO
- Compatible with all Xbee interface devices:
- Xbee 1mw / 2mw
- Xbee Pro
- Xbee 2.5 series
- Bluetooth Bee
- Wireless Programming Module
- Jumper: Switch communication connection with the PC and the Arduino Xbee
- RUN&USB Config xbee/bluetooth/wifi bee setting via PC using AT commands
- RUN&Xbee Drive the xbee module via Arduino TTL pins for sending commands
- PROG Turn to "PROG" when programming Arduino processors(UNO/Mega/ADK).
The PROG function is useless for Arduino Leonardo,because its programming interface is isolated from D0&D1 pins. And if using Arduino Leonardo,need to program a simple Serial to Serial1 transparent communication code to configure Xbee setting directly.
More question and cool idea,visit DFRobot Forum
- XBeeShield Schematics
- Shield diagram
- Xbee Tutorial
- AT Commands to Toggle an IO on a Remote XBee ZB Radio
Get Xbee Shield for Arduino from DFRobot Store or DFRobot Distributor.
Turn to the Top