After purchasing an open source product that is not electrical level compatible, you may find that your sensor cannot work normally or even is easily to be damaged because the level of the sensor and your controller are not compatible. Apart from the poor experience you encountered, this also causes economic losses. In order to solve this problem for users, DFRobot launched a level conversion module with strong level compatibility and fast signal conversion speed.
This is an 8-channel high-voltage logic and low-voltage logic bidirectional converter with two independent configurable power-rails. The port A and B track the power supply voltage of the pin VCCA and VCCB respectively. The former pin can accept any power supply voltage in the range of 1.2V to 3.6V while the latter can withstand 1.65V to 5.5V. VCCA must be lower than or equal to VCCB. These two input power pins can realize any low-voltage bidirectional conversion between 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V voltage nodes. It can automatically track the power supply voltage and its conversion speed can reach up to 60Mbps in push-pull applications. The module can be used in level conversion of communication protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, and OneWire.
- Low power consumption
- High conversion speed, up to 60Mbps in push-pull applications, up to 2Mbps in open-drain applications
- Bidirectional automatic conversion, no direction control needed
- Level conversion of sensor modules, such as Bosch's barometric pressure sensor module, etc.
- Low-voltage Flash module
- LCD display
- VCCA Voltage Range: 1.2V-3.6V
- VCCB Voltage Range: 1.65V-5.5V
- Conditions of Use: VCCB>VCCA
- Working Current: 30uA
- Support Port: push-pull, open-drain
- Conversion Speed: push-pull 60Mbps(MAX)\open-drain 2Mbps(MAX)
- Working Temperature Range: -30℃~75℃
- Product Size: 15.5×26mm/0.61×1.02 inches
- Mounting Hole Pitch: 22mm
- Mounting Hole Size: M2.0
|1||VA||Power Supply A|
|2||VB||Power Supply B|
|5||A1~A8||Pin A Input/output|
|6||B1~B8||Pin B Input/output|
- DFRduino UNO R3 (or similar) x 1
- 8-Bit Level Translator x1
- DuPont wires
As shown in the figure below (here we use Arduino UNO port 2, ~ 3, 4, ~ 5, ~ 6, 7, 8, ~ 9 I/O for demonstration.)
Note: Port A voltage: 1.2V ~ 3.6V; Port B voltage 1.65V ~ 5.5V (VCCA≤VCCB)
For any questions, advice or cool ideas to share, please visit the DFRobot Forum.
Get 8-Bit Level Translator from DFRobot Store or DFRobot Distributor.
Turn to the Top