DFRobot contact details
Address: Shanghai, Room 501, Building 9, No 498 Guoshoujin Road, Pudong, Shanghai(201203),China General: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech Support: Forum: http://www.dfrobot.com/forum/ ;
If you have technical problems:
- Look in the forum for related posts, this might help you solve your problem and reduce our work load. *(see note at the bottom)
- If there is no related post, please create a new post.
- If you feel that a forum post is not adequate for your situation, please create a tech support ticket.
- For example:
- make a return for a damaged item
- problems navigating any of our sites: Wiki, forum, shop, etc..
If you have a service issue:
Please create a service ticket, include all appropriate information:
- Order number
- part number (SKU)
- any other information that might help us resolve your issue faster
What qualifies as a technical problem?
- Can't get a part to work
- Can't find documentation on a part
- Need sample code
What qualifies as a customer service problem:
- You want to return an item because its the wrong item
- shipping issues
- Payment issues
- sales, price quotes, etc..
What we can not help you with: We can not help you build your robot, or program your robot. While we love to build robots, and would love to help everyone, there is too many of you and a limited number of us, sorry. We can provide suggestions for parts, and point you to existing sample codes. We strive to provide the best support we can.
NOTE: If you have a technical issue which is not discussed in the forum we strongly encourage you to create a new post, instead of creating a ticket which others will not see. This will serve as a knowledge base for others to benefit from. The more the forum is used, the more people will come back and the higher the chances are of getting better responses. We will make our best efforts to respond to all forum posts.
Things you should include in your post or Tech support request:
- Hardware involved, i.e.: DF Arduino Mega, motor shield V5.0, and Xbee 1mW
- What the problem is, i.e.: Can not communicate via Xbee
- What kind of computer you are using: Laptop, PC, Mac; on Linux, OsX, or Win7, etc...
- How you are supplying power; via USB, power adapter, or battery
- Post your sketch if you don't mind sharing and think it will help in fixing your problem.
- A picture or video of what the problem is, if you consider it might be helpful.
- What have you tried to fix the problem.
- Any other information you feel is relevant to help us answer your questions.
Please be patient, remember we are in China and there is probably a time difference between you and us.
Our office hours are: M-F 10:00AM to 6:30PM Beijing time.
Please follow us on twitterand FaceBook to get news about new products! Also, check out our youtube channel for guides, tutorials, and general silliness.