A pH sensor helps to measure the acidity or alkalinity of the water with a value between 0-14. When the pH value dips below seven, the water starts to become more acidic. Any number above seven equates to more alkaline. The pH of water can help determine the quality of water. Measuring the pH can also provide indications of pipe corrosion, solids accumulation, and other harmful byproducts of an industrial process.
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Operating Current: 25mA
- pH Measuring Range: 0-14
- Accuracy: 0.1pH(25℃)
- Connector: PH2.0-3P
- Product Dimension: 43mm×32mm/1.69×1.26"
|1||Signal||Signal Onput (Analog)|
|4||BNC Interface||pH Probe|
Put the probe of the sensor into the solution to be tested. Connect all parts together as shown below, power up and then the readings will be displayed on the OLED module.
- For the first time use or re-use after a long time, please immerse the sensor probe in 3NKCL solution for 8 hours.
- The glass bubble in the head of the sensor shall not come in contact with any hard objects since any breakage or rubbing will invalidate the probe.
- After you finished the measurement, please put a small amount of 3mol/L KCL solution inside the protective cap and put the cap on the sensor. The glass bubble should always be kept moist.
- The plug of the pH sensor must be kept clean and dry, and the output ends shoud never be short-circuit so as to prevent the inaccurate measurement and product failure.
- Do not immerse the probe in distilled water, protein, acid fluoride solution for a long time, and keep the sensor away from silicone oil.
- After long-term use, if you found that the percentage of the theoretical slop of the product reduced, you can soak the bottom of the electrode in 4%HF(hydrofluoric acid) for 3-5 seconds, wash with distilled water, and then soak it in the 0.1MOL/L HCL solution for a few hours, rinse clean with deionized water.
- The presence of contaminants in the tested solution may passivate the sensitive bulb of the probe, as a result, the sensitivity and accuracy of the sensor will be reduced. In this case, we suggest that you clean the product with an appropriate solution according to the nature of the contaminants.
- The soluble polycarbonate cleaning liquid, such as carbon tetrachloride, trichloroethylene, four furans and so on, may stain the glass bubble of the probe and then damage the electrode, please use them with great caution!
A pH sensor measures the hydrogen ion concentration in water-based solutions, indicating its acidity or alkalinity expressed as pH. It usually has a glass electrode and a reference electrode.
(1) Investigation on Soft Drink
Description: investigate the pH of several different types of soft drink
Components: pH sensor, mainboard-1IO, fan module
For any questions, advice or cool ideas to share, please visit the DFRobot Forum
Turn to the Boson Kit Page